Some excellent resources and reports follow:
Practice and Pedagogy
- An Educator’s Guide to the Four C’s – Preparing 21st Century Students for a Global Society Introduction by Dennis Van Roekel President, National Education Association, 2012 [PDF]
- Describing & Measuring Undergraduate STEM Teaching Practices:Â A Report from a National Meeting onÂ the Measurement of Undergraduate Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Teaching, 19 December 201, ISBN #: 978-0-87168-756-2
- Planting the Seeds for a Diverse U.S. STEM Pipeline: A Compendium of Best Practice K-12 STEM Education Programs, Updated 2010, Introduction by Greg Babe, President and CEO, Bayer Corporation
- Reaching Students: What Research Says About Effective Instruction in Undergraduate Science and Engineering (2015), ISBN: 978-0-309-30043-8
Gender and Diversity
- STEM: Where are the Girls by Anne Jolly, A MiddleWeb Blog, August 10, 2014.
- Why So Few? Woman in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math by Catherine Hill, Ph.D. Christianne Corbett Andresse St. Rose, Ed.D., American Association of University Woman, ISBN: 978-1-879922-40-2, February 2010.
- Woman in STEM: A Gender Gap to Innovation , Economics & Statistics Administration, United States Department of Commerce, by David Beede, Tiffany Julian, David Langdon, George McKittrick, Beethika Khan, and Mark Doms, Office of the Chief Economist, ESA Issue Brief 04-11, August 2011. [Full Report]
- Report to the President and the Congress on the Fifth Assessment of the National Nanotechnology Initiative, Executive Office of the President. Presidentâ€™s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology, October 2014.Â See a larger content listing from the EOP:Â http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/ostp/pcast
- College Ready Physics Standards: A Look at the Future, by Patricia Heller and Gay Stewart, 2011 [PDF]
- Teaching about energy, Department of Educational Studies: Research Paper 2005/11, by Robin Miller, ISBN: 1-85342-626-1