The North Dakota STEM Network seeks to provide a collaboration for providing all students high-quality experiences in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics related fields.
The ND STEM Network will make STEM literacy and economic opportunity attainable for all North Dakota students.
Connected and Responsive
The ND STEM Network will ensure STEM education is responsive to real-world opportunities and needs with business and industry as equal and key partners.
Innovative and Transformative
The ND STEM Network will drive innovation and transformation in STEM education to create new opportunities in education, workforce training, and economic development.
The ND STEM Network will foster a sense of ownership in STEM education by all North Dakota Citizens by forming a community of practice that leverages enlightened self-interest and represents all facets of society.
The ND STEM Network will ensure long-term viability by developing regionally-driven structures and cultures that are connected state-wide.
The ND STEM Network will support and pursue policies at all levels of government that support STEM education through appropriate resource allocation.
The ND STEM Network will ensure continued effectiveness and relevance through longitudinal knowledge capture and data-driven decision-making.
- Pursue policies and funding to support STEM education, including changing the current Carnegie unit system to one based on mastery of material.
- Increase high school graduation rates and increase the number of those graduates that are prepared to pursue STEM degrees, certifications, and careers.
Use the Engineering Design Process to build a Network that:
- Connects STEM assets and increases awareness of and demand for STEM education.
- Eliminates demographics and geographical barriers and makes STEM truly for all.
Supports educators in the following critical areas:
- STEM Integration
- Project-Based Learning
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- The Engineering Design Process and Inquiry-Bases Learning
- Research Experiences and Real-World Summer Work Experiences in STEM Professions
The STEM Network seeks extramural funding in order to support its mission, management, strategic plan, and becoming the leader in STEM education for North Dakota. Funding is sought through private donations, grants, and gift-in-kind.
The ND STEM Network aims to connect and increase cooperation amongst all North Dakota stakeholders in order to provide opportunities for students to be creative and innovative and gain 21st century skills through increased engagement in project-based learning driven by the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
These skills will allow more North Dakotans to graduate, gain additional skills and become part of a productive and competitive workforce in North Dakota. We believe this approach to education needs to become our vision for North Dakota students and is the responsibility, not only of educational institutions at all levels, but is the responsibility of all North Dakota citizens, businesses, and communities.